Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thing #23-----YIPPEEE! Summary

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Well, I learned a lot about what's out there. I had never heard of at least 99% of the "Things". My favorite discovery was setting up a Blog and snazzing it up. That was fun. It was also fun to check out other staff Blogs.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? It has probably given me more confidence in discovering what's available, and an interest in playing around with different things available.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I guess I wasn't expecting to have as much fun doing it as I did, I also thought I'd need to use up the time given to accomplish 23 Things, since I've done the majority while on desk, in between phone calls and patron requests. I'm not sure how I'm going to remember all the things that I have had to register for, and the passwords I've used.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I don't know, I think it was pretty easy to follow. Whoever put it together did a stellar job. Maybe adding a few more helpful steps included in the Discovery Exercises. More instructions would have saved me quite a bit of time.

And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again choose to participate?
Hey, I'd do it for the reward! I have to admit, I might not have done it without the bribe of a new MP3 player, and the chance to win the lap top...........PICK ME, PICK ME!

No comments: